the little thingsthe little thingsthe little thingsthe little thingsthe little things

July 23, 2012

The Verdict Is In...

For as long as I can remember, I have despised tea. I hate all tea, any kind, any flavor. I have tried it multiple times throughout my life and my taste buds have refused to shift. It wasn’t until recently that I have actually wanted to like tea. I want to shop around and buy different flavors; I want to sip on it during the day; I want to blog about it; I WANT TO LIKE TEA. I have tried to convince myself to like it, but it doesn’t work. Honestly, I am jealous of all you tea drinkers out there. I am envious of your perfect mug filled with assortments of herbal teas. I wish I liked tea because, quite frankly, tea makes you cool!

A couple weeks ago some friends and I traveled to downtown (you can read about the visit(s) here) and we stopped by the local fine tea shop. There were hundreds of tea options to choose from. I loved being surrounded with the aromas and smelling all of the herbs.

I ended up falling in love with one of the teas, Caramel & Almond Black Tea, and besides my great odium for tea, I bought it. It was so out of my element, but I was determined to try it.

So tonight, I finally built up the courage to make myself a steaming cup of it…and…I LOVED IT. One of The Bests told me to add milk (which I substituted for half and half) and sugar. It was perfect. This is the first baby step on the journey of accepting the greatness of tea.

I give all of my thanks to Churchhill's Fine Teas for turning my taste buds in the tea direction. Check them out, I promise you won't be unsatisfied.

3 comments:

  1. i feel the same way, i just started liking certin tea. I have been sticking to organic tea, right now i love peppermint! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love peppermint everything, especially peppermint ice cream & peppermint coffee. So, I am sure that I would like peppermint tea. Where do you get yours?

      Delete
  2. YAY! So glad you joined the club. I actually just started to like green tea recently. Black teas will always be my favorite, though.

    ReplyDelete