the little thingsthe little thingsthe little thingsthe little thingsthe little things

July 17, 2012

Life On The Outskirts Of The City.


Growing up, I have always lived outside the city. It was always an adventure to drive into downtown; I have always loved it. Just this summer I begin using the city for all it has to offer. I have seen more of downtown this summer than I ever have before. I have explored new restaurants, shops, hangouts and more. There is never a dull moment while being in the city. Aside from some crazies that you get from any city you venture to, it is a great city to be near. I live far enough to get that small town feel, but close enough to escape when I can.

Lately, my friends and I have been eating out downtown, A LOT. I don’t mind it though because I am never disappointed with a restaurant of choice. My favorite place we have been to lately was a bar & pub, and their specialty...hotdogs, of all things. I was blown away. Everything was so delicious. If I could, I would eat there every week. Everyone I went with ordered something different, and not one of us had a bad thing to eat.
The Lindsay Lohan Hotdog.
The next day we headed over to the market. There is just something about markets that I love with the fresh fruit and vegetables, flowers, little shops, and homemade soaps. There is this bread stand at the market that always has a huge line and sells out of bread within the first hour, well all I wanted was to try some of this bread. Unfortunately, when I went up to buy some, all he had were English muffins left. However, there was an order that no one had came to pick up yet and at the end of the day, if it was still there, it was mine. And guess what, IT WAS MINE! The guy never came and picked it up. Thank you forgetful sir for not picking up your bread. It is a potato rosemary bread. Oh so tasty, especially with a little mayo, basil and a tomato.

I bought tea while being at the market. For those of you that don’t know, I hate tea. I try so hard to like the flavor, but my taste buds won’t allow it. Well the tea I bought smelled so good that it made me want to drink it, so I figured I would give it a shot. I have still yet to try it, but I will let you know when I do.
We got our hands dotted on every part where our lines intersected on our hands for a project a group was doing. They are working on creating an entire night sky made up of constellation made up entirely of hand palms. 
My bread.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness I didn't even recognize your blog, it took me a good minute to figure out who this was. I LOVE the new design though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun times. I'm glad that we share photos. It makes life easier. :)

    ReplyDelete