the little thingsthe little thingsthe little thingsthe little thingsthe little things

March 23, 2012

Well, It's Been Awhile.


Where has the time gone? I just posted a couple of days ago...not. My life jumped into the fast lane, which ultimately had to put the blog world on halt. Well, I am back for awhile at least, or so I intend to be. Here is the lo down of what I have been up to.

I was home for spring break, as my last post stated. I was so busy trying to spend time with everyone, so busy that I completely forgot that blogs even existed. Can you blame me? I am not one of those people who come home very often, so when I do, I want to see everyone. I loved spending time with my family and especially having nights with my Bests. I miss them. We had dinner downtown at this Italian restaurant. I took my time deciding on what to order. You see, I have this problem of not being able to order a meal off a menu without pictures. If the menu has no pictures of food in it, I am doomed. Well, the bests were antsy to eat, so I tried my best to pick something with being overwhelmed by all the words. Damnit, is it too much to ask for some photos. Well I ended up choosing this dish made up of cheese stuffed torellini tossed in a parmesan cream sauce with chicken, tomatos, artichokes and onions. It was perfect. The Bests and I decided to be adventurous and explored the city. It was such a great time, I had missed times like these with the best.

That weekend was my grandpa's surprise 80th birthday party. I was so excited to see my whole family, it had been too long since I had seen them. Christmas is the last time I have seen them to be exact, or so I think. Well, I brought up the boyfriend to meet everyone (Oh yes, I cannot remember if I have shared with you or not, but my man friend has now become my boyfriend. It's even facebook official). I introduced him around (everyone loved him and even some of my aunts threatened to steal him away from me, kidding of course, but they still thought he was too cute), while everyone awaited my grandpa's arrival. He was running late...as usual. What do you except, he is 80 and all. Well, once he arrived there were lots of pictures, lots of hugs and finally the food was served. I will post more about the party in another post. There are lots of pictures/stories left to come.

Before I knew it, I was packing up my car and headed back to school. I wasn't ready to go back. I needed just another week. The ride back to school is always the worst, it seems to take forever. This time around seemed to fly by, except when I missed three different exits. Yes, count them, not one, or two, but three exits I passed up. You see I am used to having no one in my car to keep me company, but this time around a boy from back home asked me for a ride back down to school. It is kind of a funny story, he was to afraid to ask me for a ride himself, so his girlfriend did it for him and found me over facebook and messaged me. I give her credit, that must have took some balls. I agreed and met off and headed back down to school. I was afraid the ride was going to be awkward and twice as long. He and I hardly spoken before the ride at all, but that didn't last long. He and I never ran out of things to say. Correction, I never ran out of things to say. As usual. I apologized for talking his ear off, but he said he liked to listen and would rather be talking than listen to music the whole way, which made me feel a little better. It was good to find someone at school from back home, because I go to a school where I knew no one from back home. Not a soul.

This week at school has been crazy with school work and what not. First off, Hunger Games comes out tonight, tomorrow, right now? And I had yet to start the series. On wednesday, I borrowed the book from my roommate and finished it today. I am so proud of myself. That is the fastest I have ever finished a book. I am starting the second one tonight, Catching Fire. Also, soccer started for the spring season. Ugh. I am so sore. I am actually sitting in my practice gear writing this. I need a shower, desperately. I also took up this workout class, that counts as my PE gen ed. It is called RIPPED and let me tell you, they should change the name to SORE or WON'T BE ABLE TO WALK class. I waddle everywhere I go. The only light at the end of the tunnel is on the first day of class, my instructor said we (students) would all be in perfect summer, bathing suit shape. Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. aww yayyy boyfriend!! :) so cute! your sb sounded like a great week. i'm back at school after a week too and lemme tell you i wish i wasn't!!! getting away is just the best sometimes.

    ReplyDelete