the little thingsthe little thingsthe little thingsthe little thingsthe little things

December 28, 2011

My Merry Little Christmas.

My mom created a scrapbook for each of her sisters, she has four of them. The scrapbook was filled with old photos of my grandmother and grandfather. Mostly it consisted of photos of my grandma. You see, my grandma (mamaw is what all of us grandkids call her) passed away about a year ago. Her passing was hard on everyone and still is to this day. My mom thought this would be a great gift and keepsake that could be kept in the family for years to come. It turned out perfect.
My papaw. Isn't he hansom? Except for the UK hat. He is a dire hard fan. I hate them. We butt heads when it comes to sports.
My baby cousin. She got this little toy, which I forget the name of it. It sort of reminds me of a Furby. You tell it to dance, it dances. You tell it to talk, it talks. She loved it, but after about 5 minutes of it on I was ready to take the batteries out. Below, sorry about the poor photo quality. I don't know what happened there, but this photo was too cute to pass up.
My cousins and I. We are all extremely close. Gosh have we all grown up, they are so gorgeous now. Can you believe I am the oldest and they are all taller than me? I am in heels, oh how I love how heels hide my vertical challenge.
She is graduating high school this year. Goodness I feel old.
My goodlookin' Papaw once again repping that UK hate. Yuck, I should've made him take it off.

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas. Mine was fabulous. I had a great time seeing old friends, hanging out with my family and eating twice my body weight in food. By food I mean 80% cookies, fudge and candy and 20% actual food. Is this about the time to say I need to start my New Years resolution by purchasing a gym membership? Yeah, looking back at my imaginary food diary, I need that gym membership like a fat kid needs cake. Or like I need cake.

4 comments:

  1. glad you had a good Christmas! I love the scrapbooking idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just thought I'd pop in and say cute blog!

    http://hellonatalie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sentimental gifts like your mother's. I'm sure her sisters appreciated it. Love your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scrapbooking idea was a big hit. There was not a dry eye in the house. I wish I got more photos of the pictures in the book itself. Maybe I will post them up in another post. But, yes sentimental gifts are the best!

    ReplyDelete